Vinyl Floor Care For Sugar Land Homeowners - Part 1
Flooring can be a significant investment, depending on a number of factors, including the type of flooring and the amount of space of your Sugar Land home you're covering. Vinyl flooring is traditionally cheaper than other types of flooring and advancements in vinyl flooring have made it possible for vinyl to appear and feel much like other types of flooring. Vinyl flooring typically carries an easier care load than other more traditional types of flooring. However there are several things to keep in mind to ensure that your vinyl flooring lasts as long as possible and maintains its optimum look and feel. Preserving your Sugar Land flooring can help maintain your home's value and make it less likely that you'll have to repair or replace it should you choose to put your home on the market.
Here Are Some Vinyl Flooring Sugar Land Care Tips.
- Sweep your floor at least once a week. Debris always puts you at risk of scratching or damaging a floor's coating or surface.
- Where possible, prevent heavy direct sunlight from hitting your vinyl floors for an extended period of time. Effective things for this include blinds or shades. Sunlight over a period of time can affect your flooring color, making it look worn or faded and inconsistent with the rest of your flooring.
- Use furniture movers or lay down plywood when you're moving around heavy furniture objects like refrigerators. Simple planning can save you the heart ache of damaging your vinyl flooring.
- Support all of your furniture with wider nonstaining supports. Narrow legs and corners can create divots and indentions in your vinyl flooring. Spread the load out wider (At least1 inch) with plastic protectors.
- If you spill anything on the floor, be sure to wipe it up immediately or as quickly as possible. Any type of staining liquid, the longer it's left on the floor, the harder it will be to remove the stain from the vinyl flooring surface.
- As always, remember that when vinyl floors become wet, they are quite slippery. Exercise caution when cleaning up spills or walking on a wet area of vinyl flooring.
If you are looking for more information about caring for your vinyl flooring or would like to speak to an expert, a Sugar Land vinyl flooring specialist at Inspired Floors Sugar Land can help you get the most out of your vinyl flooring experience for your Sugar Land home.